From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:07:30 -0600

 If you are in the San Antonio, Texas area,  I hope you will make plans to
join us for a tasting of the new GF Redbridge Beer by Anheuser-Busch.  You
can sample it before it is on the market at The Cove in San Antonio on
Thursday, December 14, at 6pm.   If you are not familiar with this funky
place, go to
http://www.thecove.us/main.html to see what a friendly place it is.  Texas
Highways Feb. 2006 calls it "The Funkiest place in America".  They even have
a playground, carwash and coin laundry so there is fun for everyone.  The
Cove has won all kinds of awards, including "Best Outdoor Dining" from AOL
City Guide 2006.

Today I met with the owner, Lisa Asvestas, and we went over the menu to see
which dishes are safe for gluten-free diners.  There will be quite a choice
for you to select from and we will have some gf menus printed up to make it
easier for all of us.  The Cove has been a popular neighborhood place for
years, and features live music on the weekends.

I think you will find that the kids will enjoy this as much as you will, as
there is a fenced, private playground accessible from the bar area.  We hope
you will join us and let Anheuser-Busch and Budco (the local distributor)
know how much we appreciate this chance to try the new Redbridge beer.  It
is the first gluten free beer to be available in Texas.

You don't need to RSVP, but it would be nice to let me know if you can, so
that they will be sure and have enough beer.   Come on by and check it out!
If you need more information, feel free to contact me.

Anne Barfield
Defensive Dining Editor
Alamo Celiac San Antonio Chair
Alamo Celiac GIG Membership Chair