From:
Claire Lazebnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:06:39 EST

Here's the letter I received from Cynthia Kupper who reviewed the gluten-free
menu for Outback and who discussed our experience with them (i.e. being told
there was flour in the brownie and we shouldn't order it):

Claire

This is the response to my question and concerns about the ‘thunder from down
under dessert’. Corporate offices are concerned about incorrect information
being given patrons and will address this to the restaurant you visited. It
is an education process and someone probably made an assumption – brownies
have flour in them.

I hope you will consider putting this note out to the listserv. Outback is so
pleased with the response they have gotten from this project. I would hate
for untrue information to be circulated in the celiac community.

‘The recipe and procedure is the same for all domestic stores, the pan is
dusted with sugar and no flour is used.”

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD

Executive Director

Gluten Intolerance Group

206-246-6652