From:
laura mcdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 06:45:19 -0400

Dear friends ,

        I am sorry it has taken a few days to respond to the questions
about pancreatic enzymes. My computer was crashing before it would even
boot up so I had to initialize the hard drive !! scary stuff , lost
almost every thing . ( moral of story : BACK UP!) .

         The name of the pancreatic enzyme my Dr. prescribed for me  is
pancrease my insurance would pay for the generic which is lipram. I
asked her about the over he counter stuff you see at health food stores
but she said most are plant derived and would not have the same effect.
I found this to be true . When I took the Health food stuff I saw no
improvement ( maybe a little  worse even)  On the information sheet you
get with prescriptions it said " Don't take if you are allergic to pork
" , draw your own conclusion . My reason for wanting to try it was not
the elevated liver function test ( although if it helps that I'll take
it). I had read the article in Gluten free living last month and it made
me wonder if my stools ( which have never been NORMAL , improved on the
gluten free diet but not normal)  would be better taking it  and yes
they are . Unfortunately  a kind person e-mailed me the article . I lost
it with  my hard drive .

Laura : )