From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:58:31 -0400

Just sharing response about Asmanex:

My doctor gave me Asmanex inhalers for asthma this morning.
Since residuals of inhalants can be ingested, I called Sherling Plough to find out the gf status.

The medical info rep there told me (and these are pretty much her words)  that since they use pharmaceutical grade ingredients, the sources of which could change from day to day and since they don't check with their suppliers, they will not guarantee gluten-free status. While the only ingredients are the medication itself and lactose (definitely not lactose-free), they cannot comment on the possibility of gluten contamination on the production lines at their suppliers' end.

FYI: I called them at 1800-222-7579 at their Kenilworth, NJ location.

I used to use Advair, which at the time I must have verified gf status, but it makes me lose my voice, so it's not an option.

I do use Proventil and have no problem with it. Also use Singulair, which is gf and Benadryl when needed. Yes, the doctor they can all be used together. (Hey, it's one heck of an allergy season in NJ.)

Lin