From:
Sandra Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:33:45 -0800

I want to thank all the people that responded to my question on whether to
mix my own flour or buy it pre-mixed.

Most people wrote that they preferred to mix their own, but a few liked the
convenience of buying it pre-mixed.  I have been mixing my own.

Someone asked me how old I am.  I am 52, but I do not have CD.  (Actually, I
am waiting for a blood test to come back, but I don't really believe I have
it.)  My Mom was diagnosed with CD last year.  She is 72.  I am helping her.
It is surprising how little the medical profession helped her when she was
diagnosed.  Her doctor told her it was important that she stay on this diet.
He never told her why.  He sent her to a dietician that didn't know much
about it.  She copied a few things off the Internet and gave those to her.
Mom was a little overwhelmed with this new way of eating.   That is why I
subscribed to this list.  I have found so much information here that has
helped.

I'm still not thrilled with my bread.  I will say it does taste good and
smells great.  I think part of the problem is that I only have a small hand
mixer and my bread maker is for gluten type breads.  I have a Hitachi that
isn't programmable.  I haven't made up my mind whether I'm going to get a
new breadmaker or a better mixer.

Thanks to all,

Sandy