From:
Esme Neely Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:27:07 EST

Hi everyone --

Not too much feed back on this one. Several people mentioned that all flavors
of Spangler brand candy canes are gluten free. I have seen them in the stores
in this area and others mentioned they were available elsewhere in the country
as well.

Hershey chocolate mint canes also GF according to one response. Another
mentioned Bobs Candies brand out of Albany, Ga.

I took my 2 year old celiac to see Santa the other day and of course he was
handing out candy canes. Prior to our turn I asked one of the "elves" if she
could ask Santa to not offer a candy cane to my son. It worked out just fine.

Esme in Maryland