Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 17:22:38 -0500

Fran:

Perhaps you could go to the restaurant * on your own * and explain that
you are a Celiac and need their help.  Ask them if they could prepare
your gluten-free pasta (which you will provide them) in a separate pot
of hot water and then served to you individually.

Then inquire as to the ingredients of their sauces.  You will probably
find that most of their sauces are gluten-free.

If they aren't able to accommodate you with your pasta, then ask if they
might be able to prepare an all-beef hamburger steak or a piece of
broiled chicken (keeping in the price range) for you and a baked potato.

As to the salad - I'm sure they have oil & red wine vinegar (or bring
your own dressing).

Don't let the diet ruin your eating out - Just learn to be creative and
a little more assertive.  If you have any further questions, just let me
know.

Bob Levy
Baltimore, MD