Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:33:35 -0400

Thanks to all you replied. I appreciate the help. Here are the responses I
received-

-We've had good luck at Steak N Ale, Outback steakhouses, Rockfish, Red Hot
& Blue, Joe T Garcias (Mexican food in Ft. Worth), Ruth Cris.  Most steak
houses will be fine...just explain about no marinades or extra seasonings on
steaks.  There are tons of steak houses in Dallas.

-Our group here in Dallas is in the process of making a booklet for
restaurants that are GF friendly, but it is not complete at this time. I can
help by saying if you have one of the restaurant cards bring it with you and
give it to the Chef or the Kitchen Manager and let them help you find some.
We have experienced that most of them will help out with something. They are
even more helpful if you call a wee bit in advance and let them know you
would like to come in and tell them what you have to stay away from. One El
Fenix Mexican restaurant out here in Grapevine was most helpful. I think
there is a lot of things at Outback Steakhouse especially things put on the
grill. Stay away from the fries because of the spices they put on them. Tony
Roma has some things there. Their ribs and some of the salads. Most better
hotels that have a chef are very accommodating. Meals in these places are
more expensive. We had a CSA conference here one year at the D/FW Marriott
and the chef there had a challenge on his hands but met it well. I'm not
sure the same one is still there but they were helpful. Stay away from
Applebee's and Chili's. They have nothing they consider to be gluten free.
Hope this helps some. Hope you have a good visit to Dallas.

-I like Tony Roma's BBQ, in Plano, TX.  It's located on the corner of
Preston and Park.  Also, a great Whole Foods market is across the street
on the opposite corner of Preston and Park.