From:
Sylvia Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:25:37 -0500

I have just discovered this site as I have been struggling on my own unaware
that so many others are affected. It has been a boost knowing I am not alone
and you share the same symptoms I have not wanted to tell anyone. I have not
read many postings of people sensitive to gluten, dairy, corn, citrus, too
many fruits,plus severe mold allergy.(no yeast products or fermented ones
such as vinegar)  This makes variety difficult. Most of the recipes offered
I cannot use.  I have drinking some soy milk (w/o additives), but even that
is questionable. I alternate plain quinoa and brown rice for breakfast with
3 eggs.  The rest of the time I eat plain chicken, pork, some fish or beef,
and a few vegetables such as broccoli, plain salad. This is very boring and
I worry about adequate nutrition.  I do take many gluten free supplements.
I first became  in 1991 and it has been touch and go ever since with no
support. It took several years of my own observation before I found and
environmental allergist  that understood my problem.  However she is far
away and no longer covered by insurance. This Dr. suspected celiac but it
was never confirmed.  I basically eliminated on my own as I became ill
eating rye, barley, oats and wheat--even on a rotation diet.  I would
appreciate any support you can offer.  I live in upstate NY ( 70 mi. from
Rochester)