Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:55:35 -0400

In searching for a recipe for a healthy, fat free, high fiber muffins I found
(and improved upon!) a recipe on a box of Ancient Harvest Brand Organic
Quinoa Flakes.   After just baking them (and eating one) I thought I would
share this delicious recipe.
1/2 Cup Brown rice flour
1/2 Cup Quinoa Flakes
2 tablespoons Kasha (fine granulation pure roasted buckwheat)
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
(optional: 1 tablespoon raisins or dried cranberries..or both)
1 ripe banana
1 egg (can use white only, or egg replacer)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Mix together dry ingredients.
In seperate bowl, mix together banana, egg and honey.
Add to dry ingredients.
Pour into greased muffin tins.  Bake 20-25 minutes.