Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:52:49 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my question.  You gluten free people always come through!  Here is a summary of what I have received so far:

My research showed that, at least locally, Publix rotisserie chix, BBQ and Lemonn-pepper were GF. Also, BJ's BBQ chix are GF. Look for a Whole Foods Market. They carry a nice variety of GF products. Publix maintains a fairly large list of GF products on their shelves which are GF, but not noted on the shelves themselves. Get the list from Publix.
---------------------
There is a Whole Foods in the Orlando area.  Check their website for store locations and to get the exact address.  If you belong to Costco, check for their store locations also, as their rotisserie chicken is gluten free.  The main grocery chain in Florida is Publix, but I do not know if their roasted chicken is gluten free.  Publix does have a section called "Greenwise" and they carry a lot of GF foods in that section, such as Bob's, GF cereals, etc.

There is a brand new Whole Foods on the corner of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road, right where Sand Lake intersects with Interstate-4.  It is just 2 exits East on I-4 from Lake Buena Vista.  There are other side roads you could take but I-4 would be quicker.
Publix and Walmart have decent selections, but Whole Foods would have just about anything.
------------
> Tommy Bahama (very accommodating - just tell your server
> you need to be on a gluten-free diet). First Watch for
> breakfast. I can't recall the other places I ate at,
> but they were all accommodating.
>
> ________________________________
>
> For restaurants in the Naples area, just go to
> glutenfreeregistry.com. Click on Florida and Naples as your
> city of choice. There are at least 20 restaurants listed
> for Naples with GF menus. Do the same for Whole Foods.
> Click on Naples location and you can print out the gluten
> free shopping list for that store. There is also a great
> HF store in the Naples Walk Plaza on the corner of
> Airport-Pulling and Vanderbilt. Whatever you can't find
> at Whole Foods, you can get there. Publix, Super Walmart
> ,Albertson's and Sweet Bay Super Mkts all have a limited
> selection of GF items. I'd only carry the food you need
> for traveling day and maybe breakfast the next morning.
> You can find all the same foods in the stores in Naples.
>
> Publix has a gluten free section within the health food
> section
>
> Carrabas here, Roys, Bonefish, Outback all have gluten
> free menus
----------
Orlando
http://www.chamberlins.com/

it's an excellent chain. the store in Winter Park is the best.  they
have a better gf selection than WF.

  I know there are two Whole Foods stores in Naples, so I'll bet there
is one in Ft Meyers as well. if not, you can pop over to Naples, one
of them is close to the border with Ft Meyers.

a Pizza Fusion should be open in Orlando and in Ft Meyers next week.
we love their gf pizzas. they are hte best we've tried.
Thanks to those that responded to my request for GF places on Sanibel Island. Here are the places suggested as accomodating to the GF diet:  East End Deli, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, Jerry's (breakfast and supermarket), Sanibel Steakhouse, Mc T's, Mucky Duck, and (in Ft. Meyers) Bonefish Grill and Carrabas.

I was also directed to a few websites, including islandnutritioncenter.com and allergicchild.com.
Thanks again.