From:
Lowell Pepper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:51:12 EST

I received about twenty replies to my posting about tropical Sprue versus non
tropical sprue. The majority felt that it would be wise to have my blood
checked again for antibodies to gluten. One person thought that everyone
should avoid products containing gluten regardless if they were allergic or
not and likened gluten products to cigarettes. A couple felt I was in denial
and was looking for a another more easily treated disease. One person had the
same experience while taking antibiotics i.e. a more calm GI system and
better stool habits. When the antibiotics were stopped all the old symptoms
returned. This has been my experience as well. Finally several persons
thought the two diseases were one and the same. All the replies were written
with an understanding tone. I will take the advice of those recommending
another blood test for antibodies. Thank you all for your input.   LP