From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:51:52 EDT

Hi everyone,

I just came back from the most delightful shopping trip that I have had
in a grocery store in years!  I only wish I had more space in my freezer.
The store was Shoprite in Hightstown NJ, but perhaps there are many other
places that stock the same types of food.  This store has a Kosher
section.  I came back with all sorts of cakes, cookies, frozen dinners,
candy, frozen potato latkes, and all GF and no soybean which is my other
problem.  For instance:  the Seven Layer Chocolate Cake which cost $5.99
for 12 oz.  was made of Whole Eggs, Sugar Potato Starch, Cottonseed
shortening, Cocoa, Fresh lemon and orange flavoring.  The TV Dinners had
sauces that were thickened with potato starch.  They were pricey at $5.99
From what I could see there was no dairy or corn in the products either.
The macaroons, in almond, coconut, coffee chip, chocolate chip, etc.
were only $1.69 for a 10 oz can.  There were many other choices in the
freezer case and in the cakes.  Things I could not buy "store bought" for
years.  I understand that these items will only be there for another
week.  Someone also stated that items still remaining after passover
might go on sale the week after next.  I hope those of you who have a
Kosher store in the area will be able to visit and see all the great
items they have available that are compatible with the GF diet.

I hope that perhaps some of these items will be carried all year, but I
don't think so.  Carol in NJ