From:
Bruce Culver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:38:13 -0500

Hi, guys!  Well, a lot of you requested the stuffing recipe yesterday,
and I am sending it now.  It really worked great for me.  We stuffed
some inside the GF turkey and it was wonderful.  It's a very basic
recipe and can be adjusted by adding or removing different spices,
flavors, etc.  Hope you can use it as a base and go from there!  If you
are allergic to corn, I'm sorry.  This recipe does contain cornbread.  I
used the GF cornbread recipe on the Ener-G Cornbread Mix box.

4 c. bread crumbs (1/2 GF cornbread & 1/2 GF Ener-G Tapioca Bread)
milk (I used Lactaid's 100% Lactose Reduced Milk)
2 eggs  (maybe Egg Replacer would work here, too)
1/2 c. chopped onions
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (or pecans)
1 1/2 c. GF chicken stock
1-2 tsp. GF poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
sage (optional)

Crumble up the breads and pour enough milk in the bread crumbs to get
the crumbs soft, add the eggs and mix well (by hand).  Then add the
onions, celery and nuts--mix well.  Follow this with the chicken
stock and the seasonings.  Put in the oven at 325 degrees F and bake
until desired doneness (usually top is golden--depends on how moist/dry
you like your stuffing) or you can put it inside your GF turkey!

Hope you like it!  I sure enjoyed it (and yes, Leslie, the Ener-G Rice
Bread, to me, tasted yucky also!  The tapioca tastes better but is
pretty dry.)

Working together,
Renee' in So. Florida