From:
Elizabeth Margareta Griffith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:59:04 -0400

Well, the response was supportive of both of us, and I and my spouse
thank you all much.

The majority do seem to agree that an MD appointment is crucial.
Also, some self-help suggestions, and at least two requests for the same.
Periactin - an antihistamine that is gf AND stimulates the appetite
(sounds likd a miracle drug to this underweight athsmatic)
avocados and other Mexican foods, but eliminating dairy
More calories - sounds obvious, but to me and the respondent, it wasn't -
she was told by a nutritionist that 1650 would do, and I was thinking the
same, but her MD (and a website my husband found) are suggesting
1800-2000 or up to 2300 respectively.  We're both working up to even the
smaller number, but the data seems to support a 'snack harder' approach.
Eat Right For Your Type
Meat, potatoes, desserts made with gf flour
It's summer- eat ice cream
protein and fat - less chance of an accident or getting full to easily
digestive enzymes
talk to a nutritionist - that's probably what the MD will suggest anyway
www.finerhealth.com
natural, uncoated vitamins
D-lylose test to see if its what is eaten or what is absorbed that's
causing the trouble

Self-monitering
for women - still mentruating?  Good sign.
watch heart lining, bone mass
overall state of energy/health

Given that my calories did seem low, I'm trying the self-helps while
waiting for my original appointment.  Those are probably what the MD
would suggest anyway, and this way at least I'll either know they work
and not have to bother with the appointment, or know they don't and that
we need a plan B.

Thanks to everyone, hope this helps my fellow 'thinner than we want'
folks.

Elizabeth