From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:49:26 -0500

I asked for Christmas Cookie recipes and got a TON!!  Thank you to everyone
who took the time to send a recipe (or 10!) Below are most of them.  I have
gotten multiple recipes for sugar, peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies.
  Also for gingerbread.  I'll send out a separate summary for each of those.

FROSTED FUDGE SQUARES from Bette Hagman (GF, corn-free, dairy-free,
egg-free)  This “dump” recipe uses only one bowl, with no sifting or
beating. If
allergic to soy, replace the two flours with ˝ cup GF flour mix. Won’t be as
moist,
but still taste great. I used BF Crisco instead of margarine, egg replacer,
rice
milk, and pecans.

Cookie base:
1/3 cup rice flour + 1Tbsp
1/3 cup soy flour less 1 Tbsp
1/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
6 Tbsp softened margarine
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, or 1/2 c egg substitute
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Frosting:
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp margarine
1 cup powdered sugar

Cookie: Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9” square pan.  In microwave-safe bowl,
dump
in all ingredients except nuts (if used). Stir until well blended, then add
nuts. Spread in pan and bake approximately 17 minutes.

Frosting: While cookie bakes, dump into same, unwashed bowl the cocoa, milk
and
margarine. Microwave 3 minutes on Defrost. Beat in sugar, adding more if
necessary to get spreadable consistency. Spread on cookie while still warm.

EASY PECAN PIE SQUARES from Bette Hagman (Gluten-free, dairy-free)
This is not a low-calorie cookie – a single square can serve as a full
dessert.  If you don’t have sweet rice flour use all GF flour mix.

Crust:
1 1/4 cups GF Flour Mix
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) margarine or butter

Filling:
2 eggs, very lightly beaten
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup corn syrup (lt or dk)
1 1/2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3/4  teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 7˝ x 11˝ pan or line with parchment paper.

Crust: With mixer or food processor, beat the flour, salt, sugar, and
margarine until crumbly (mixture will be dry). Press firmly into pan. Bake
20 minutes
or until light golden brown.

Filling: Mix all ingredients except the pecans until well blended. Do not
beat!  Stir in the pecans. Pour the filling gently over the crust and spread
evenly.  Bake until filling is set (about 25 minutes). Cool. Cut into 1˝”
squares.
Makes 35 squares.

Double the recipe and use a jelly roll pan (15˝ x 10˝) for 70 squares.

KEY LIME PIE from Bette Hagman  (corn-free, dairy-free, egg-free)
I prepare with a crust made from Pamela’s Lemon Shortbread cookies [Flour
base  (brown rice flour, tapioca starch, sweet rice flour, xanthan gum);
butter,
molasses and honey; natural lemon flavor, lemon oil, citric acid] instead of
a baked crust. The original recipe is for a pie, but it works as minis or
bars, too.  They need to be refrigerated, and are also good in the summer
right
out of the freezer!

1 GF crust, baked (or 1 cup cookie crumbs- about 5 cookies- mixed with 2
Tbsp melted butter or marg.)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 3/4 cups milk (divided) (I use rice milk)
8 oz. pkg cream cheese, softened (I use Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese to
be dairy-free)
1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar - to taste
1/2 cup Key lime juice (Nellie and Joe's is the best)

In a small saucepan sprinkle the gelatin over ˝ cup of the milk. Let stand a
few minutes before placing over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Stir
constantly.

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy (soy cream cheese
does not get fluffy, just beat until combined.) Add remaining milk and the
gelatin mixture. Blend in the lime juice. Pour into pie shell and
refrigerate
until set – about 2 hours.

For miniatures, I use a muffin tin. About 1 Tbsp crust mix in each tin makes
12; for mini-muffins use 1 tsp crust, makes about 30. You will have some
filling
left over, put in custard cups for an easy snack.

EASY FUDGE (dairy-free) not sure who's recipe- I heard it from a friend...

One can GF frosting (Pilsbury or Duncan Hines)
One 10 – 12 oz bag DF baking chips

Melt together in saucepan or microwave. Load into cookie press or piping
bag.  Let rest 15 minutes. Press or pipe onto frozen cookie sheet.
If you don’t need to be DF, any flavor of frosting and any kind of chips
(peanut butter, mint, butterscotch, cherry) will work. There are tons of
possibilities!
___________
This is a cookie that's good year around.
ALMOND COOKIES
1 and a half cup almond meal (I buy at Trader Joes, or can grind raw almonds
in a food    processor)
2/3 cup sugar
half teaspoon vanilla
2 egg whites, lightly beaten  (or 1 Jumbo size egg white)
Mix almond meal, sugar, and vanilla, add egg whites and thoroughly mix.
Dough will be sticky. (I mix mine in my food processor and add the egg
whites with the motor running.)
Moisten hands with water to keep dough from sticking, (I use a small ice
cream type scoop instead).  Roll a walnut size piece into a ball and place
1 inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment. Flatten
top
with a fork.
Bake at 350 degrees until starting to brown on top, approx. 15 minutes,
(check bottom of cookies, they can burn easily). Remove immediately to a
cooling rack.
________________

COCONUT PYRAMIDS
You might want to try these coconut Pyramids. As the name suggests, they are
a cookies made at Passover but they are simple and delicious and don't even
require a mixer.  They may be "dressed up" for the holidays by dipping in
melted chocolate and colored sprinkles.

8 oz Packaged G.F. Presweetened, Shredded coconut*
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar (processes granulated sugar in blender for about 4
seconds)

Preheat oven to F. 350 Grease a cookie sheet

With a fork or wooden spoon, mix all ingredients.  With wet hands, form
heaped spoonfuls into pyramid shape and place on a greased cookie sheet
leaving about 1-1/2 inches apart.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cookies are quite delicate
while hot, so use a spatular to carefully place them on a cooling rack.
Cooled cookies may be dipped in melted dark or white chocolate and sprinkles
for a festive appearance.
Makes approximately 2 dozen.
*Unsweetened shredded coconut may be used, but the cookies will be a little
dryer.