From:
Ayn Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 18:19:48 -0500

Hi, All--

I saw my gastro this afternoon for the results of the blood tests. I
didn't get a copy of them because I forgot to ask, but basically they
were negative. My carotene was a bit low, which my Dr. says can indicate
a malabsorption problem. This was more than I expected. Much to my
surprise, however, he wanted to do the biopsy. The last time I saw him,
he dug his heels in and said if the tests were negative, he wouldn't do
the biopsy. Either he was having a better day today, or he reviewed my
symptoms over the past several years and decided there was enough
evidence to at least warrant the biopsy. Regardless of the results, he
encouraged me to seriously try the gf diet, so it would seem he also
subscribes to the thought that one might be intolerant to varying
degrees.

I have only one question to the group at this point...does anyone know
how reliable the lab in Salt Lake City is? I wish I knew the name of the
lab, but I only know the city where they sent my blood for testing.

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. I'm hopeful we're
getting to a diagnosis. We've been working at trying to find the problem
for 20 years now!

Ayn.