From:
Betty Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 16:29:42 EDT

When I was diagnosed with celiac disease, approximately 1 1/2 years ago, I
was put on prilosec because of another diagnosis -- Barrett's esophagus.  I
called Merck and company and was assured by their pharmaceutical staff that
prilosec is GF.

The only way that 20 mg capsules can be non-GF and 40 mg can be GF is in the
capsules they use for the product, IMO.  The company cannot alter the
ingredients of the product, only the quantity, for changes in milligram
dosage.

Has anyone who is taking prilosec had adverse reactions to it?  I have not.

Carl in Ohio