From:
Kathryn Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 23:41:50 -0500

Today I contacted 5 Brothers (Lipton) & Classico to find out if their sauces
are GF. Both companies were familiar with Celiac and took a great deal of
time to answer all my questions.

5 Brother's (Lipton)  1-800-328-7248
ALL Ragu Pasta Sauces
ALL Chicken Tonight Cooking Sauces
ALL Cheese Creations
ALL 5 Brother Pasta Sauces - including Alfredos
5 Brothers (Lipton) stressed the importance of reading the labels in the
event the product is reformulated.  I was assured there would be no hidden
glutens - if the product is changed and if there is gluten it would be
listed in detail.  We've tried the Tomato & Basil and it is fabulous.

Classico:  1-800-727-8260  or email:  [log in to unmask]
All are GF except Tomato & Pesto.  Tomato & Pesto is run on the same line
with the other sauces and the lines are cleaned in between - so they cannot
guarantee there is no cross contamination.

I have no interest in these companies - we just love pasta.

Kathryn Ryan
Annandale, Virginia