From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:32:52 -0400

I received some responses to my posting on Buca di Beppo GF menu items.

(1)  "When I ate at the local restaurant several years ago , the chef
came out and went through the menu with me.  At that time, he indicated
the chicken catatori was g.f. as well as the garlic mashed potatoes.  We
also got un-dusted chicken breasts and the green beans...all very good."

So I went back to their customer service with this information.  They
did some further checking and did indeed add Chicken Cacciatore and
Garlic Mashed Potatoes to their GF list!!  See the updated list and
relevant web site addresses below.

(2)  "The veal marsala was tasty even without the flour dusting. The
only challenge with Buca is that everything is made in family-sized
portions. so I had to talk the entire group into ordering one dish that
could be made gluten-free, then they also ordered pasta for themselves."

Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/bc_index.asp
Link to their menu: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/m_food.asp
Company response to request for information on gluten-free menu items
7/2003:
"Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We do have a few items on
our menu which are or can be made to be gluten-free. They are:
.       Mixed Green Salad
.       Grande Tomato Salad (no rosemary flatbread)
NOTE:  Of the two salad dressings we use, the Italian Vinaigrette is
gluten-free
.       Chicken with Lemon (ask for this NOT to be dusted in flour)
.       Chicken Marsala (ask for this NOT to be dusted in flour)
.       Veal Marsala (ask for this NOT to be dusted in flour)
.       Chicken Cacciatore
.       Green Beans
.       Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Hopefully this will be of some help and give you some options to choose
from. Thanks again for writing.
Ciao!!!
The Buca di Beppo Famiglia"
Comments from [log in to unmask] 7/2003:  "