From:
"T. A. H. Stenersen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 1996 11:08:34 +0100

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, ARNOLD BODNER wrote:

> If someone is truly allergic to wheat or is a celiac (not the same
> thing) he would not "outgrow" the condition.

I am sorry, but I totally disagree. Celiacs don't outgrow their
condition, true, but allergics, especially children, can and often do, or
their symptoms change or they become allergic to something else instead.
This has happened to myself and many others i know personally.

> My impression is that people who are still allergic to a food or who
> have a mild celiac enteropathy mentally adjust to the tired feeling and
> various other symptoms especially gastrointestinal.

yes, this is also true, but it doesn't change the fact that it is
possible to outgrow allergies.

Still, of course, this boy might NOT have outgrown his allergies, but if
he refuses any interference in his life, there is really not much to do
about it!

Tove (Ms)