From:
Janet Wekesser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:28:48 -0800

Hi, everyone!

My daughter wants to start playing an instrument next
year, specifically a reed instrument.  When I played
clarinet and saxophone many years ago, the reeds had
an antiseptic taste to them.  Does anyone know whether
reeds are gluten-free?  Does it matter what brand of
reed is used?  How about cork grease, key and valve
oils, and the stuff the teacher sprays on the
mouthpieces to sanitize them between different kids
playing on the same mouthpiece?

If anyone has a child who plays an instrument, please
let me know any other precautions we should take.

Thanks.

Janet