From:
AILSA E. CAMPBELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 21:06:58 -0500

I was interested in Janet Rinehart's recent post. Before I was diagnosed
as positive celiac, I went through numerous tests for allergic
reactions. I was told my wheat test was off the chart - the nurse had
never seen such an immediate reaction. My reaction to vinegar, however,
has been with me all my life.  I have always reacted to the smell of
vinegar - imagine growing up in Scotland where fish and chips are the
staple diet? I am interested in knowing whether other celiacs react just
to the presence of vinegar in the room, without My poor husband won't
use any product with vinegar although I know he loves it. I react in any
restaurant, even passing a KFC in the car - there must be some air-borne
spores. Have we totally addressed the vinegar issue. Is this a separate
allergy. Would love some feedback.

Ailsa