Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:03:18 -0500

We are vacationing in Alaska in 2 weeks, visiting Juneau, Sitka, and Ketchikan, as well as Victoria, British Columbia.  Can anyone recommend kid friendly restaurants that can serve gluten free?  Those are our ports on a Holland America Cruise.  Does anyone have any tips for making the trip easier?  I've already filled out paper work for his diet for the cruise line, though haven't heard back on what they will or will not be able to provide.  They have a policy of requiring 90 days notice for special diets and my son was just diagnosed, so we didn't make that date, and they said they would try but couldn't promise anything.

Also, is anyone aware of gluten free food options in the Seattle airport?  When I asked NWA about getting a GF meal, they said they only offer food for sale, such as sandwiches, and he wouldn't recommend them.  Apparently the days of a free meal or even peanuts are gone.  Can one bring a meal from "home" or in this case, the cruise, along to eat during the flight?  Or do they not allow outside food past check-in?  They told me you can't bring an outside drink past check-in, but rather have to purchase something once through security.  I looked on the TSA website and tried clicking on "Special Needs"  but only found a little video clip of a guy showing security his medicine bottles.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Dawn Pilney

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

*******
*******