From:
birdsong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 12:17:29 -0700

        Tongue in cheek I submit this post.  I know this list is for celiac
only, and joint pain is not directly on topic.
        I experience a LOT of joint pain.  When doctors ask the usual
questions about my joint pain, my symptoms are 'atypical'--that is,
non-arthritic.  When one doctor ran blood tests for arthritis, they came up
negative.  My doctors appear quite BAFFLED by my symptoms--they act like
they are thinking, "How can there be joint pain that isn't arthritis?".  My
doctors therefore dismiss my pain as psychosomatic, delusional, or
hypochondriacal.  However, when reading literature from the Lupus Foundation
I came across a perfect description of my joint pain, along with the
information that there are currently no laboratory tests to confirm this
condition.  There are also other auto-immune disorders that include this
type of joint pain as a symptom.  Since celiac is an auto-immune disorder, I
suspect that this somehow may be a link.  From this I conclude that there IS
medically recognised non-arthritic joint pain, but unfortunately, most
doctors are ignorant of it.  I think it is also important to realize that
most doctors know very little about auto-immune disorders in general.
        Recently I have finally found a way to control the joint pain.  It
isn't fun or easy, but it does seem to be working for me.  If anyone is
interested they may email me privately and I will discuss it.

lynn worden

Lord,
Let me seek the truth,
but preserve me from the company of those who have found it.
--West Texas prayer