From:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aimee Rye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:45:20 -0600
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Below is the information I received from several of you regarding the
gluten status of Blue Bell Ice Creams and their contact information.
Thanks to all of you who responded.

I do want to add that some of you stated that you've had problems
with some flavors that were supposed to be gluten free.  By all
means, if you try a flavor that you find your sensitive to, cross it
off the list and don't purchase it anymore.  There could be many
reasons for the reaction.  I know that I have several food
sensitivities that make life that much more unpleasant for me, so I
cannot eat everything that is gluten free.  There's usually something
else that causes me to react.

Happy ice creaming!

Aimee Rye

*****************************

An informational handout developed by Blue Bell Creameries Research &
Development Department, May, 2004.  If you have any questions, please
call (979) 836-7977.

Ice Cream Flavors:
Banana Nut                      Strawberry Cheesecake
Caramel Pecan Fudge             Pistachio Almond
Cinnamon                        Peaches & Homemade Vanilla
Lemon                           Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla
Mint Chocolate Chip             Buttered Pecan
Mocha Almond Fudge              Cherry Vanilla
Pecan Pralines 'n Cream         Country Vanilla
Natural Vanilla Bean            French Vanilla
Pineapples 'n Homemade Vanilla  Coffee
Moo-llenium Crunch              Peppermint
Black Walnut                    Tin Roof
Banana Split                    Strawberry
Chocolate Chip                  Hot Fudge Sundae
Homemade Vanilla

Light Flavors
Homemade Vanilla                        Peaches & Homemade Vanilla
Mint Chocolate Chip             Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla

Yogurt Flavors
Strawberry NF Yogurt            Country Vanilla LF Yogurt
Banana Split NF Yogurt

Sherbet Quarts
Rainbow                         Pineapple
Orange                          Lime

No Sugar Added Ice Cream
Country Vanilla                 Banana Split
Vanilla Bean                    Buttered Pecan

Frozen Snacks
Bullets - 24 pak                        Mini Rainbows - 24 pak
Sugar Free Bullets - 24 pak             Homemade Vanilla Cups - 12 pak
Rainbow Freeze - individual             Cherry Frostbite Bar - individual
Megabite - individual           Creme Pops - 24 pak
Frostbite - individual          Big shot - individual
Mooo Bars - 12 pak              Mini Mooos - 24 pak

Additional Notes:
- Based on supplier's information, there is no known gluten in any of our
    stabilizers, emulsifiers, and flavorings.
- Modified food starch (tapioca) does not contain gluten.
- Wheat flour used in bakery items (i.e. brownies, cookies, etc.) contains
    gluten.
- Cone products should be avoided as they contain oat fiber and wheat
    flour.
- Dry malt extract used in Grizzly Bars, Diet Fudge Bars,  and Krunch Bars
    may contain gluten.