From:
spaceneedleview <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
spaceneedleview <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 18:12:25 -0700

Hello listmates,

I am very, very suspicious of Butterball lunchmeats: breast variety pack, chicken/smoked turkey/honey roasted & smoked turkey.

I had a gluten reaction today and everything else I have eaten over the past 24 hours has been assuredly GF.

I looked on Butterball's website, which said, "We are sorry to inform you that we do not have a source that lists the gluten content of our products. However, our product labels list common allergens; such as wheat, for those allergic to wheat gluten." What an unhelpful thing to say.

When I got home I noticed "modified food starch" on the label. Now, my cat is thoroughly enjoying the product, and I feel like an idiot. (I am only three months into this process and I still make mistakes.)

I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with Butterball lunchmeats. And if they are on sale at your local grocery store too, don't fall for the bait.

SaraEllen