From:
zOH03+3h <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:30:39 +0300

    Hi :-) I am Matina from Greece.I have been reading you for a while and I
think that you might be able to help me .

    I was diagnosed with CD when I was 8 years old and I have been on the
diet ever since -I am now 24 . Last summer my sister had some medical
problems and it turned out that she has lupus , an autoimmune  disease like
CD only much more serious. I always wanted to have a family and lots of
children because I thought that even if I pass them CD it wouldn't be that
terrible , I recently realized that it is pretty possible for my children to
develop any autoimmune  disease .... My sisters doctor says that i can never
know whether or not that will happen , my doctor on the other hand says that
there are six chromosomes that are damaged and that I will pass them on to
my children , this means that they could "develop" any autoimune disease at
any time ! I am a bit confused and I am really reconsidering of my dream to
have a family in the future. I read and learned of many serious and pretty
painful autoimune  diseases this past year and I dont think I could handle
my child having one.Does anyone have any information on this subject ? Is it
possible with genetic to prevent inheritance ? Can we know before birth ?
Thanks a lot

-Matina-