From:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olive Kaiser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:52:40 -0700

Hi Listmates,

The summary regarding Multiple Sclerosis and Gluten is ready, finally.  Thank you all for your wonderful contributions.  The summary is very long and informative, so I have prepared it in Microsoft Word format, and will send it to anyone who requests it. Also I will send several other attachments sent to me by the contributors.  One of the documents is a file of research articles regarding CD and its' neurological manifestations and is 50 pages long, so be prepared.

In short, there were opinions on both sides regarding a connection between MS and Gluten.  Many contributors had both dx MS and dx CD among their family members.

There were several who advised that CD can be mistaken for MS, and there should be care taken in the dx.

There were many who advised that diet can help in many cases, and many related links to gluten free and other diet info.

I have passed this info to my friend (a married father of 5) and his wife.  He is currently staying with us on a special work assignment in our city.  We plan to go gluten free anyway while he is with us so he will have a chance to sample gluten free food.  Should he show interest in the GF diet, we will guide him regarding testing first.

Thank you again, one and all,
Esther