From:
Celiac Jack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Celiac Jack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:14:40 -0500

My brother has been experiencing major health issues and I think they could possibly be related to CD. My own son was diagnosed 3 years ago so it is in the family. He had the routine blood test done which came back negative. His doctor is not willing to look any further.

The problem now is he has extremely high blood pressure which is causing kidney damage and also was told he has lung damage. He is a non-smoker. The doctor basically said the high blood pressure was hereditary and put him on blood pressure pills. As to his lungs, the doctor wants to run more tests as he can't explain that one.

Two weeks ago he was rushed to the E.R. with what they thought was a heart attack... severe chest pain and shortness of breath, only to be told they couldn't find anything.

My question to all of you is do you think the high blood pressure and lung damage could be related to Celiac Disease. I've found some references in the archives but want to have more up-to-date information to give to him. He believes that he does not have CD as the tests were negative and therefore will not go on the diet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Linda Ripley

*******
*******