Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 22:38:10 -0400

When I made these, I used double muffin cups so I got 6 big ones like
sold by Mrs. Smiths and other bakeries.

The original recipe, as noted, called for chocolate chips.  I really
didn't care for the chocolate and think they would be better with
raisins.  I'll let you decide as I've included the original, in case
someone wants to convert it differently than I, and my GF
conversion.  Actually, the GF version was delicious and better
in taste and texture than the gluten version my sister cooked up
with the remaining Pumpkin!

PUMPKIN CHIP MUFFINS

Regular                                    Gluten Free
Makes 24 Muffins                           Makes 12 Muffins

4       Eggs                               2       Eggs
2       Cups sugar                         1       Cup sugar
16      Oz. Canned Pumpkin                 8       Oz. Canned Pumpkin
1 1/2   Cups vegetable oil                 3/4     Cup vegetable oil
3       Cups flour                         1 1/2   Cups GF Mix
2       Teaspoons Baking Soda              1 1/2   Teaspoons Baking Soda
2       Teaspoons Baking Powder            1 1/2   Teaspoons Baking Powder
1       Teaspoon Cinnamon                  1/2     Teaspoon Cinnamon
1       Teaspoon Salt                      1/2     Teaspoon Salt
2       Cups semisweet chocolate chips     1       Cup Raisins

In large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth. Mix dry
ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate
chips/raisins.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 375/400 degrees F
for 16-20 minutes or until done when tested.

MY GF Mix

7       Cups Brown rice Flour
1       Cup white rice flour
1       Cup Tapioca starch/flour
6       Teaspoons Xanthan Gum

Stirred well and stored for general "flour" use.  As a rule, I add more
Baking powder and/or soda when cooking as in:

If non-GF recipe calls for 2 teasp. I use 3 teasp.  or
if it calls for 1 1/2 teaspoons I use 2 teaspoons etc.

I find I get better rising results with the GF "flour" if I use
more than the original flour one called for.

Dennis
Web Address Home Page: http://www.gate.net/~imxtc4u

The Ultimate freedom is between a Rock and a Hard place.
You can say anything you want, do anything you want and
act anyway you want because all options are unacceptable!

                By Dennis J. Tonetti