From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:19:23 EST

Hi All:

I had my hair heavily frosted blonde at the salon yesterday. Today, I feel
extremely exhausted plus increased stool and very weak and irritable. I
should not be so stupid to ask if there was something in the hair dye
solution. I can tell you that my scalp stung so bad that I thought I was
going to scream. This is the last time I will color my hair. I have been
doing it for about 6 years now, but it is getting worse symptoms wise as I
get it done, especially this time. I spent yesterday afternoon and today
sleeping as I was tired.

Also, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like to travel with
Celiac disease. I have made arrangements to fly to Maryland on Thursday to
Saturday on Sun Country Airlines out of Minneapolis. I am quite skeptical all
the way around to go as I have not been out of my state alone since 93 and
traveled to Europe in 1982. I have had multiple illnesses and the symptoms
that scare me the most is the tachycardia and anxiety. I am on 15 mg of Paxil
and 25mg of Toprol XL beta blocker but  I am still apprehensive. I am going
to the National Institute of Health to get some other test for another
disease and to visit a friend who is inpatient there. Your help and comments
plus experiences would be helpful.

Another tidbit here, I am visiting Dr Joseph Murray at the end of February.
Talked to him on the phone. What a nice doctor and so personable too. He
mentioned that if I wanted to really find out if I was Celiac, I could go
gluten ingesting for 3 weeks. Man that sounds brutal as I am layed up with
even a modest amount of gluten.

I wonder if any of you know how long it takes for the villi to flatten?
Thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you may have.

Sincerely,

Lisa