From:
Debra Berke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:50:00 EST

Thanks for all the quick responses!
1. The customer service guy with whom I spoke told me that all Starbucks
beverages, including teas, are gluten-free, except those containing malt powder,
java chips, and vanilla bean powder.

He said that all of their employees  know what goes into each beverage, so we
should ask first about those three  ingredients when selecting a beverage.

He also said not to drink the  eggnog, which is available around holiday
time. It may not be gf.
2. Yes, but beware of cookie add-ins. I was also told to ask for vanilla
syrup instead of the powder for flavored drinks. If you email them I think they
will give you some good info. Once they made a mistake on the website about a
featured cookie type drink and when I pointed it out they sent me a few free
drink coupons.
3. Plain coffees and teas with just milk or soy are! However, I would  check
directly with them about drinks with flavorings!
4. From what I understand all are ok except the ones that are  mocha.
5. All starbucks coffees and drinks are GF except for some seasonal  drinks
and the frappucino's that contain the word "chip" (ex: mocha chip). The
company told me this when I called in the summer of 2007.
As a side note, I avoid the frappucinos all together because of cross
contamination with the blenders and the "chip" flavors. You can always ask for a
clean blender though!
6. Their coffee, latte and cappuccino are ok. I often order them with soy
milk, if you are sensitive to dairy.  I don't know about their flavored  drinks
or cocoa.  They are a very responsive company.  I would get on  their site and
email them.
7. Straight coffee is OK.  Beware of some of the flavorings.   For example,
the Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino is actually made with crushed  cookies,
not chocolate chips, so it is NOT GF.  Obviously, adding malt to a  Frappucino
would be a no-no as well.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)