From:
Becca Buffum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:13:44 -0400

Hi-

I know there are a number of list members from the Boston area and alot of
people seem to travel there- so I thought I'd share a good experience I had
last night. There is a place on Tremont Street in the South End called MASA-
it's been around for about 6 months or so. I ordered some fish without
asking any questions b/c I had gone over the menu briefly on an earlier
visit and the waiter told me what he thought would be ok. I didn't press him
on it.

   So my fish came last night with some battered onions on top. (described as
cumin dusted onions) I asked if there was flour involved and the waiter said
yes- would I like a new piece of fish without them? He came back to say that
they were in fact dusted with cornmeal and was that ok? He came back a third
time and apologized but said the chef really couldn't recommend the onions
as the cornmeal was mixed in a container that could have been contaminated.
wow. I was very appreciative of the degree of sensitivity shown by both the
chef and the waiter. Usually it's "well, its just a small bit of flour"-
never has someone offered info on contamination without my even asking!!

   I just thought I'd recommend this place- it's absolutely
delicious. A bit costly- about $20 per entree, but super tasty and oh so
helpful and knowledgeable!

Enjoy!

Becca
Boston, MA