From:
MRS MELODY D GABRIEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Nov 1994 21:15:29 EST

Here's a great recipe for the holidays for an attractive
loaf of bread. I got the recipe out of the newspaper and
adapted it to Gluten free bread!

"Panettone"

(1 lb. loaf)
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 egg slightly beaten
3 Tbs. butter or margarine
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups of flour (I used 1 white and 1 brown rice flour)
2 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. Xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp. yeast
1/3 cup blanches slivered almonds
3 Tbs.finely chopped candied cherries (red or red & green)
Powdered sugar
(The recipe also called for 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate
morsels but I left that out!)

(If you want to make a loaf for friends who are not Celiacs,
leave out the xantham gum and switch to 2 cups of bread
flour.)

Add ingredients to your bread maker as your manufacturer
recommends. Put on lightest crust cycle. Add cherries and
nuts at the beep or during the last kneading cycle.>>>
Bake, remove from oven, cool on rack and sprinkle with
sifted powdered sugar (optional).
      Adapted by
      Melody Gabriel
Note: The expensive ingredient is the almonds...about 99
cents for a small package which I manage to stretch into two
loaves. Candied cherries were about $4 but they will last
through at least 10 loaves.