From:
Joanie Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanie Connell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:01:50 -0700

Listmates, I look to you for advice, after being told oh so many insulting
things by doctors.

I'm celiac and am hitting 50 and have recently begun to have several other
recurring symptoms and am wondering if there is a common (perhaps
autoimmune) cause.  The symptoms include: recurring infection in my left eye
and recurring infection on the outside of my left nostril and recurring
bouts of diarrhea and constipation with mucus in stools.  It seems to keep
rotating between the three problems.  I've gotten antibiotic ointments for
my eyelid and nose, which seem to help, but the problems never go away
entirely.  The gastro keeps coming back too.

I've done a little reading and found that celiacs have a higher incidence of
crohn's disease and crohn's may have symptoms of eye and skin inflammation.
Is there anyone out there who might be able to confirm/deny that my symptoms
seem consistent with this or something else?  Or are they all unrelated as
the doctors seem to think?

Thanks so much!

Joanie