From:
Ian Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:53:37 -0600

Dear List,

Thanks to all who replied to my request for a safe Halloween candy list.
Also thanks to all who replied with wonderful support and advice about my
daughter with DH.  You are all a wonderful support network.  Now it's my
turn to help out!

This is what I found out:

I called several companies and got a list of GF, dairy free, egg free candy.
Since I did not get a list in writing, I suggest you call the company before
making the decision to give your family these candies.

Willie Wonka Candy Factory (a division of Sunmark and Nestle)  1(800)
299-6652

All Willie Wonka Candy (except Laffy Taffy - it's made in a different
location and is not GF) is GF, dairy free, egg free.

These include Wacky Wafers, Gobstoppers, Tart n Tiny, Runts, Nerds, and
Bottle Tops.

Hershey Company   1(800) 468-1714

Jolly Rancher and Chewy Jolly Rancher

Nabisco  1(800) 541-1222

All flavors of Bubble Yum gum, lifesavers 5 flavors and lifesavers suckers.

Charms  1(901) 476-5255

Charms blow pops (the starch is corn starch)  and charms suckers.

Wrigley  1(312)  644-2121

All Wrigley gum is GF.

These are the candies I have purchased to give out and trade with my
daughter for non-safe stuff.  As I said before, please verify all
information before using on your family!!!!  If anyone gets conflicting
information, please e-mail me immediately!!!!!

I hope this helps lots of CD kids have a very fun and safe Halloween.

Happy Haunting!!

Bev Wahl