From:
Lisa Wicklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:55:28 EDT

Hi Everyone;

I was invited to check out a little schauzer dog that my husband and I are
going to watch for a week starting next Saturday. I was not to make any other
plans because it was important to have an interview with this little dog.

At 6:00 PM, we arrived at the little dog's house only to be greeted at the
front door with three of my colleages, their spouses and big smiles on their
face. They had surprised me with a beautiful thank you/appreciation for being
on board as a counselor/intern for a year with them. This is the best part
all: One of my colleage's wife, who's house we were at, prepared a complete
gluten free meal for me as she is a celiac as well. I got to have cheesecake
with blueberries made from Betty Hagman's book. gluten free turkey, a
beautiful gluten free bean salad, wild rice salad and tea which was gluten
free with her garden herbs added to it. I was in tears. It was the most
beautiful time I had since the fourth of July with some other friends who
were not Celiacs but worked so hard to listen and prepare exactly what I
could eat.

I shall never forget the month of July 2000. This, to me, was a true gift
from God to have people really listen and prepare meals so that all of us
could enjoy ourselves. They had a beautiful home.  We sat in the back where
they had a screened in porch, and nothing but beauty surrounded us and peace.

It was a memorable night. Thanks for letting me share.

Lisa