From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 12:28:33 -0400

We went to Cape May last week for three nights.  First evening
(Wednesday), we went to the Lobster House.  The waitress was very helpful
and we had an enjoyable meal.

Our second evening we went to Bella Vida Cafe.  They were great;  they
understood gluten-free and I felt safe.  They intend to start carrying
gluten-free bread - possibly beginning this week but definitely soon.  I
would definitely recommend this restaurant.

The next night we went to Axxelson's Blue Claw - the staff there was
totally clueless - I went through the usual information and gave the
waitress my restaurant card and asked her to check a couple of items with
the chef.  She came back, said they both contained gluten and did not
offer any solutions such as items that were gluten-free or could be made
gluten-free.  We left - I would not recommend this place.  The place was
at least half-empty so it wasn't a question of an overwhelmed kitchen.

So we went back to the Lobster House and had a totally different
experience then two nights prior.  It was very busy (it was a Friday
evening) and the waitress was new.  The service was terrible and my entree
was not forthcoming until after she brought my husband's meal and my side
dishes.  By then, he was done eating and I had eaten the cold baked
potato;  not a happy experience.  The Lobster House was OK on a slow night
but I would not recommend weekends.

We stayed in an efficiency at La Mer (very nice place) so breakfasts and
lunches were under our control.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and had a nice time.

MJ
--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!

*******