From:
Patrick Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:40:30 EST

please answer this question for my friend who is thinking of trying gluten
and casein free....

Picture this: someone has an endoscopy with multiple biopsies (as well as 2
colonoscopies for good measure), AND bloodwork. These tests were done to rule
out inflammatory bowel disease and celiac disease. Results: NEGATIVE. However
my friend is still wondering if perhaps giving gluten-free a try might help
his health (irritable bowel and chronic fatigue, just like me).

So for a person who has been medically worked up and proven NOT CELIAC AND
NOT INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE, how long should he eliminate gluten for.

Someone once said 2 months but I thought that was only for DIAGNOSED celiacs.

Any thoughts? 2 months is a long time for someone proven to have no
inflammation and no damaged villi.

Patrick