From:
Walt Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 14:48:16 -0600

Thanks for the many responses.  Several said pretty much the same thing
so I have tried not to repeat information.  Some people also asked for a
summary.  I am probably doing this a little quick, but I will be out
tomorrow and wanted to get it out to you all.  I have put some of the
are really important.  I'm going to try it tomorrow and hope others will
have a good experience also if they ever try it.  Carolyn

(According to the Thr gluten/Wheat Free Guide to Eating the following
are GF at Subways:

Bacon/Pork
Enoa Salami
Pepperoni
Ham
Cold cut trio meats--turkey bologna, turkey ham and turkey salami
Tuna
turkey Breast
processed American cheese
Parmasan cheese
Processed peperjack cheese
Provolone cheese
Swiss Cheese
vegetables
Light mayo dressing
oil yellow and deli brown mustard
vinegar
and Southwest Sauce. )
(asiago caesar sauce
Fat free french dressing
"       "    ranch dressing
"        "   Italian   ")

(I use a local Subway, but the only GF things on the menu that I can see
are the salads.  Obviously the sandwiches are not GF.  The only issue I
might raise about Subway is the potential for cross contamination of the
knives used to slice and dice and cut the sandwiches.  I don't know
about the salad dressings, so I ask oil and vinegar in separate cups and
mix my own vinaigrette.  I haven't had a gluten reaction yet.  I do
watch while they assemble the salad to make sure there is nothing extra
being added or a knife freshly used to slice bread.)

(Here is the info and link I got from delphiforums.com.  They have a
store listing and a food listing.  If you haven't seen them yet, it's
well worth checking out.  I have printed out both.

Subway **Caution: Eating Out is Always Risky!**
(vw=09/04/02) http://www.subway.com
Web site has a GF list on their website. Click on Nutrition Information.
Near the bottom click on "Ingredient Information for people with food
allergies". This will have a PDF file you can download.)

(Here's one person's summary from Subway:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?A2=ind0203C&L=celiac&P=R7099
It's from March, 2002, which, I guess, isn't too terrible, but it may
have changed.)

(Check out www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a book that has Subway as
well as 49 other restaurant's GF lists. There is a list of restaurants
and info. flyer.)