From:
Sylvia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 22:33:32 +1000

Okay, this one is for the ladies or the doctors on the list.

To refresh memories, I am the mum of Alana, aged 15 years and 6 months, who
had the epileptic seizures, and was pronounced clinically dead twice because
of severe gluten intolerance.

On the upside, since getting a handle on this, and having her also diagnosed
with extreme chemical allergies, gross asthmatic, preservative and additive
intolerant etc. and salicylate and lactose intolerant, life has been on the
upbeat.  She lost 7 kgs. in one week, but has picked it back up and now
weighs 49 kgs., but it is not fat, rather she has redefined her body shape,
all muscle and lean and fit.

Also her eyelid palpitations have now gone.

New problem though, menstrual cycle.

As a further refresher, her gross migraines started when her menstrual cycle
was beginning, and the doctors (plural) put it down to her "hormones kicking
in".  We now know with hindsight that it was the last straw that her body
and brain could take.

Anyway, her menstrual cycle has always been regular since day one.  Since
being totally gluten free since blood diagnosis in December and except for a
few hiccups with other allergies, eg. titanium in toothpaste, she has really
picked up and is a picture of health.

However, her menstrual cycle has now become irregular.  Finished two weeks
ago and has begun again.  This time though without pain, aches etc.

Given that her system is already severely compromised, and she has to take a
Vitamin B supplement that is preservative and flavouring free, and I have to
have it airfreighted from 800 klms away each two weeks, I am worried about
this extra blood loss on her body and how to make it up.  Please don't tell
me what veges or fruit to give her, as being salycilate intolerant, there
are not to many I can give her.

What I need to know, given the parlous state of medical knowledge on her
multiple conditions, is - has any other woman on this list ended up with
menstrual cycle irregularities, do they bottom out and end up with a regular
cycle, or, what the heck else do I have to look for?   or what else do I
have to do?

Over to your superior knowledge listmates.

Regards,
Sylvia,
Gladstone...Q...Australia