Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 19:38:50 -0700

George & Gayle Kennedy wrote:

> Just read your post about formaldehyde - Me, too.  I found that I could not
> use stay-press sheets, synthetic blankets, and clothes with polyesther or
> other man made fabric...just wool, cotton, and silk things.  That's not
> always easy.

 Hi Gayle,

 Yes, it sure looks like you have chemical sensitivities to formaldehyde
 I have a very advanced case of chemical allergies (not sensitivities)
 Since these are immediate reactions to the chemicals they did not show
 up on the ELISA/ACT test. However I already knew about these allergies
 before that test was done. I have to completely stay away from
formaldehyde and pesticides which means I had to completely gut my home
 and had to get rid of almost all my brand new furniture. We used special
 paints, grout for tile on all the floors and counters, custome made
cabinets etc. No drapes , carpets, organic cotton stuffed futon to sleep
on and on my sofa etc. I cannot get into other peoples homes or cars as I
get immediately sick and if I would stay too long go into seizures.
Ofcourse perfumes are real killers to name one.  Anyway this give you an
idea of my problems besides all my food allergies, pollens,molds. Since I
am allergic to any chemical this means I cannot take any medications
or eat any prepared foods which contain many chemicals. But you get used
to everything and I like to think possitive and I don't dwell on it.
I am sorry this post got to be so long.

Anne Hoogeveen