From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Oct 2005 12:29:02 -0500

Hi Everyone!

We had our monthly meeting last night at Blue - Restaurant & Bar, a 5-star
restaurant.  Well, it is hard to describe a new highlight in our dining
experiences but Blue tops our list!  We also now know celiacs have a taste
for fine foods, as this was our biggest turnout yet.

Blue has an extensive gluten-free menu and they even placed them in leather
binders for us…:>) Every GF item on the menu makes your mouth water.  Chef
Gene and his crew were incredible and everything was made to perfection.
We kept ooing and ahhing all night long!  Also, he even came in early
yesterday just to make us a special gluten-free chocolate cheesecake.  It
was topped with berries and drizzled chocolate and, well, can only be
described as better than a Renoir … satisfying multiple senses!

Blue treated us like royalty and we all walked away only thinking how can
we make it back here… birthday, anniversaries, new years eve, etc.  I think
you will agree with us, Blue is definitely progressive in the restaurant
industry!

It was so nice seeing some old familiar faces too!  Several members who
have been unable to attend for various reasons came last night.  We also
had several new members and family support come.  We had a great time and
lots of celiac information sharing, as usual.  Many of us zoned back in
time where we were so relaxed at dinner, the conversation turned to other
topics like work or recently read books.

For those of you not familiar with the Charlotte, NC area, you should know
Blue has a great reputation among non-celiacs.  It is known as one of the
best restaurants in town so know I am not exaggerating.  If you call ahead,
Chef Gene will make you a special gluten-free dessert too.  He’ll also work
with you if you have other dietary challenges.  If you plan on coming to
Charlotte or maybe you just need a weekend excursion, put Blue at the top
of your list!  Charlotte is a very beautiful and clean city as well as a
major airline hub so flying in from anywhere will not be a problem.  Also,
the Blumenthal theater is just one block away so doesn’t a play and dinner
at Blue sound romantic?  Write me if you would like a copy of the menu (gf
items will be prefaced with a diamond).

Warm Regards,

Janet Kline
Charlotte, NC