Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 1996 10:24:36 -0700

I received over 25 responses to my plea for migraine relief.  Thank you so much
for the time you gave me.  I am summarizing below and hope I haven't excluded
any suggestions.

3 = Evening Primrose Oil (essential fatty acids)
3 = Acupuncture (some received total relief after 1-2 times)
1 = Acupressure
1 = Xylocaine (pres. drug)
1 = Massage therapy (some had been helped after years of trying others)
1 = Midrin
1 = went free of dairy, MSG, aspartame, dye, gluten, and went on supplements
    including heavy B-6 complex, an enzyme product, primrose oil,
    calcium/mineral, drinks aloe vera juice daily--after 17 years of daily
    headaches, hasn't had one since Jan. 15.
1 = molybdenum supplement (phenol-sulphur-transaminase [PST] deficit)
1 = elminate caffeine (especially coffee)  also, cheese.
    Others said look for products that might be triggering it such as CORN,
    CHICKEN, TURKEY, BROCCOLI, TOMATOES and their by-products (I just canned a
    bunch!!), dairy, red wine, grain alcohol & beer--which of course is off our
    list.
1 = Biofeedback relaxation training, Tiger Balm on forehead, cheek, neck &
    shoulder; decongestant/antihistamine; STRESSED DRINKING GATORADE; chamomile
    tea, sleepytime, tea, Grandma's Tummy Mint tea.
1 = Yoga
1 = Yee Tin Oil (from oriental store)--rub on area of head that bothers, on
    forehead, neck, etc.--do not get in eyes.  White Flower Oil is used for
    severe ones but does notput on face--very strong--puts a few drops on wet
    towel, microwaves it for steam (1 minor less) and lays over face; also, pain
    relieving patches called Salonpas (wonderful for joint and muscle pain).

I so much appreciate it.  I started what I knew I needed to do but didn't want
to--I gave up caffeine.  I went about 4 days without one.  I will work away at
this from your suggestions--many I am anxious to try--and see if I can get
relief----I just hope it isn't my tomatoes!!  Smiles!!  Have a great week-end
and please remember, we are each so important to each other--I don't know what I
would do without this list.  You've helped me to work through one of the hardest
years of my life.  Thanks!  - Sharon in Kansas with BEAUTIFUL SKIES AND PERFECT
TEMPERATURE.