From:
Sarah Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:19:57 -0800

From Heidi:
I'd advise maybe to concentrate less on "food". My family was all about
food,
and well, maybe we still are in some respects. We have loads of food around,
though it's not gluten-loaded at this point. Nuts with chocolate, ribs,
corn-stuffing stuffed birds, custards.

We actually do more cooking than we used to. The cookies are GF, but they
are still cookies. Most of the old recipes work with the new GF flours.
Seriously though, how much can a person EAT? Not all that much. To
spend 12 hours together,  you need something to do.

My sister made a really great party at one get-together, which was all
about making "flax bags" which could be heated in the microwave. Craft
projects in general are really fun. Games too. Board games have great
memories for my kids as they've gotten older. Poker too, and other card
games.

Movies are good too! Esp. if you can find one that resonates with everyone.
For us this is Dr. Who, at the moment.

From Brian:

Here's a gluten-free holidays article that was recently on Parents
Magazine's website:

http://www.parents.com/blogs/mom-must-read/tag/nicole-hunn/

THANKS EVERYONE!

Happy Holidays!