From:
Jeff Golden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:42:39 -0400

This post lists GF candies, steak sauce, gelatin and Eggbeaters.
Disclaimer: I make no guarantees, but the manufacturers gave me this
information today.

1.  Candies:
Tootsie Roll sent me a list of sweet-tooth products they claim are currently
gluten-free, and they say that at this time they do not use gluten to dust
their conveyer belts. You can call them at 773-838-3424 or write them at 7401
South Cicero Ave, Chicago, Ill 60629 to verify. Their written list of GF
candies consists of the following:

Tootsie Rolls, Flavor Roll Twisties, Frooties, Piquitos, Tootsie Pops,
Chili-letas Pops, Dots, Crows, Tropical Dots, Carmel Apple Pops, Mutant
Fruitant Pops, Child's Play Assortment.

Also by their Charms Company: Blow Pops, Flat Pops, Zip a Dee Doo Da Pops,
Charms Squares, Charms Sour Balls, Blow Pop Bytes.

 And by their Cella's Company: Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries, Dark
Chocolate Covered Cherries.

And by their Cambridge Brands: Junior Mints, Charleston Chews, Pom-Poms,
Sugar Daddy, Sugar Daddy Nuggets and Sugar Babies.

[Editor's comment: My dentist once had trouble removing a cap from my tooth,
so he used a sticky Sugar Daddy bar to grab the cap and yank it out (he keeps
of stash of them for just that purpose). That Sugar Daddy experience scared
me so much that I've never been able to eat one since.]

2. Nabisco products:
Nabisco 800-932-7800 has no list of GF products but says that if we call
about a specific product they can tell us whether it is gluten-free. See
their website for list of all products they sell: [log in to unmask]  They said
that Eggbeaters and A-1 steak sauce, both of which they make, are both
gluten-free at this time. Also their original Knox unflavored gelatin is GF
but all other Knox products contain gluten.
Good eating to all.
-jg