Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 15:13:56 +0100

Hi all -

I am new to this list and overwhelmed (pleasantly) at the amount of
information that is here at the touch of a button.  It has taken me
years of searching on my own to find only some of what you have here.
Thanks to those of you who make this possible!

I was diagnosed 4 years ago after having lost 85 pounds in 6 months with
many of the usual symptoms.  Was losing some neurological functioning in
my fingers and toes.  Lots of my problems came from a Doctor who didn't
know to check my meds.  I was injesting gluten in 8 of the 9 meds I was
on.  Things got slowly better until a year and a half ago when I ate at
a restaruant and went into anaphaltic shock almost immediately.  I was
tortured with severe muscle spasms and contortions that were never
adequately explained.  It took several months for me to get back to
'normal'.  Now, upon accidental injestion of gluten, my first response
is these muscle spasms.  It takes an injection of valium to get things
under control and then my 'usual' responses kick in.  Bloated stomach -
abdominal cramps - loose stools and no appetite for days.  I feel like
I've been hit by a truck.

Has *anyone* else ran into problems with muscle spasms???  I had a
neruological work up that found no real problems.  They suggested a next
step of a muscle biopsy at Mayo clinic when I am actively cramping.  I
have not desire to try and induce these cramps especially with the
anaphylatic response I've had.  I just wonder if there is any
information out there that would help me.

Thanks for reading

deni