From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 15:14:04 PDT

Well Hello list,

I have gotten so many responses about this post that I lost count.

I will start by saying that I do NOT have a bone density problem. Like I
said, the doctor said my bones were better than "normal" bones. I was off
the chart. However, I have become very sensitive to lactose, so the doctor
was concerned that I would not be gettin enough calcium to keep my bones as
strong as they are. So she suggested I take a supplement and to ask you for
advice as to a gf/df one.

Most people use Citrical with D
Tums was a popular choice
Nature-made
Oscal
Twin Labs Calcium Citrate-powder form with D
Calcimate 400 with D purchase at GNC
Thompsons Calcium/Mag/Zinc
Sciffs soft gel
Trader Joes calcium with D
Vitamin Shop supplments (Calcium Citrate)

I learned that Vit D is necessary for absorbtion of Calcium.

I also learned that taking my calcium with my Iron (at the same time) will
block my Iron.

I was advised to not try to get all 1200 grams of Calcium from supplements,
but to try to get some from the food I eat.
(I do put Lactaid 100 on my cereal, too sweet for me to drink by itself)

Eat greens (I eat spinach) but haven't tried Kale. Is it good in salad?

Thanks all
Sheryl
Auburn, WA

        "Friendship is a sheltering tree"  ;)