Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:07:55 -0800

Hi everyone,
I got a lot of emails from across the country and from the UK, I don't
have to time to email you all separately.
So far I haven't found the cookie recipe that was posted along time ago.
If  I do I will send in a summary.
The only recipe we have tried so far is the last one on bottom of this
list and it's really good.  Also you might try putting the cookie dough
into the refrigerator because it's really sticky but it turns out good
if you don't.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

Snickerdoodles
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 7 to 8 minutes

1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 3/4 cups Sylvan Border Farm general-purpose GF   flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1.    Heat oven to 400°F
2.    Cream Butter flavor Crisco, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs, milk and
vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well
blended.
3.    Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
Mix into creamed mixture. Shape dough into 1-inch balls, or 1 oz. balls.
4.    Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll
balls of dough in mixture. Or (Sugar mixture can be put in zip-lock
plastic bag. Put 2 to 3 dough balls at a time in bag. Shake in sugar to
coat dough.) Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
5.    Bake at 400°F for 7 to 8 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
6 Dozen 1 1/2 Inch Cookies
Colored Sugar Variation: Add 2 teaspoons cinnamon to flour mixture in
Step #3. Combine 3 tablespoons colored sugar and 3 tablespoons
granulated sugar for coating instead of cinnamon and sugar mixture.
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >
This is one that we got about 8 years ago. and sorry it does not contain
Saco cultured buttermilk.
This is one that we have used for 8 or more years
and they taste just like the ones that grandma makes.
don in Carlsbad, Calif

******************************
Snickerdoodles

The recipe for this delicious "Family Cooky"

came to us from Mrs. Ronald Anfinson,

Benson, MN

1 cup Shortening (part butter or margarine)

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 3/4 cups Gold Medal Flour

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp soda

1/4 tsp salt

2 tbsp. sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 400 deg. (mod. hot). Mix

shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs

thoroughly. Measure flour by dipping method

or by sifting. Blend flour, cream of tartar,

soda, and salt; stir in. Shape dough in 1"

balls. Roll in mixture of 2 tbsp. sugar and

cinnamon. (note: we try to leave a "dot"

open for the bottom and it doesn't burn to

our older cooky pans) Place 2" apart on

ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 - 10 min.

These cookies puff up at first and then

flatten out. Makes 6 doz. cookies.

If you use Gold Medal Self Rising flour,

omit cream of tartar, soda and salt. :)